Good morning everyone! I know that you are probably not thinking about decorating your nightstand at this moment, but if you find yourself with a little extra time and feel like playing stylist, I have put together a few tips for you:
- Design: It’s important to start with a good foundation — the nightstand itself! Choose a nightstand with a drawer and/or lower shelf so you can hide the clutter and stack your books and magazines underneath.
- Lighting: Lighting in a bedroom is key, as you want to create a warm and gentle ambiance to set a calm environment for bedtime. I always make sure the lamp is on a dimmer so that it can be used for reading in bed as well as mood setting on a low level. Make sure that the scale is appropriate for the space you have. Choose a lamp that doesn’t take up the entire nightstand.
- Mirrors: If your room is small, a mirror mounted on the wall behind the nightstand can make the room feel bigger.
- Jewelry box: A box or small plate to hold your ring, watch and trinkets is important to help keep your bedside table organized.
- Family photos: Having one professional photograph of a special milestone like a wedding or newborn photo is a nice way to remember the important people in your life. Make sure the frame doesn’t overpower the picture. Sterling silver frames are simple and will match with anything else you use on nightstand.
- Clocks: So beautiful and functional too!
- Books: Choose some pretty books, it can be color or subject that attracts you and make a neat little stack.
- Personal touches: Add something a little whimsical or sentimental. Those little pieces make a nightstand go from boring to perfectly styled!
- Add a plant: Plants are continuously evolving accessories that you can customize over time. Not only do they look great, but they also create better air quality. Too much work? Go for a beautiful faux plant or flowers.
- Trays are your friend: If you have the space, a tray will add visual interest and help to corral things like small bowls, a water glass and/or bud vase.
- Keep it simple: Clutter has a way of stressing us out. Make sure your nightstand has built-in storage for all of your bedside accessories. Leave the top for essential accessories like a clock, lamp and pretty stuff.
Try to work with three to five items max in a corresponding color palette. One of those is usually a lamp. Make sure to vary the heights and materials. Then, lastly, make sure one item has a pattern for that hint of visual interest.
You can see a few more items I saved on Pinterest for nightstand styling here.
I hope you enjoyed. Stay safe everyone!